Searching for the substance of things unseen

My volunteer trip to India - begining in Bangalore. The prime purpose is to grow in my relationship with God... to experience and express his love...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

John and Myself

Here I am Decked out in Indian garb, looking a little out of it - I had a cold, and hadn't slept much for a while...
John is a guitarist I Jammed with a couple times. We played a song at the church once. He was lead guitarist, and I gave rythm and vocals - God of Wonders...
But even more exciting than playing the song - I was able to present the gospel in all it's fullness... Basically - I know I'm not a good singer or guitarist... So I introduced the song by explaining why I could sing for a God, who spoke: and the universe was made.
Because that same God also took dust, and formed us, and breathed life into us... He loved us then and he loves us now... and yet I have a rotten voice, and moreover am rather wretched, never doing the good things I'd like to do... But when I was most wretched and despicable... He came - Jesus, a good man, healing the sick, accepting the rejected... speaking with wisdom and authority, speaking the truth... but the truth is not accepted in this world. He was not accepted. The authorities killed him. He was crucified, died and buried. But death could not hold him, and he rose on the third day...
And he has told us that if we look to him, then we can have the fullness of life - like his. Our mistakes and failures are buried, like he was, but we shall live, fully new - like him, with God as our loving Father...
And that's why I could sing!

Apparently everyone loved the song... They asked us to do some more... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home